No big deal just take the tank you have and get it refilled. They do it at Coeburn Home Center.
Has anyone else heard this? I'm always a little leary of chain e-mails and stuff like this. I always wonder if there is some hidden motive behind it and if it's just someone trying to cause panic over something that's not true.
But I guess this could happen....anyways, it wouldn't hurt to inspect the tanks before you buy them. We use gas to heat our house in two different fireplaces and our grill...
This is from a lady who is a long term employee of Vaughn & Melton Engineering in Mboro...
"Hey guys. I was at a meth training/workshop yesterday and there was a lot of great new information presented. I wanted to let you all now about one thing that I was not aware of.
Meth cooks are getting the propane tanks from the exchanges at Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc. and emptying them of the propane. Then, they are filling them with anhydrous ammonia (which they now have a recipe for by the way). After they are finished with them, they return them to the store. They are then refilled with propane and sent back for you and me to buy. Anhydrous ammonia is very corrosive and weakens the structure of the tank. It can be very dangerous when mixed with propane and hooked up to our grills, etc.
According to our presenter, you should inspect the propane tank for any blue or greenish residue around the valve areas. If it is present, refuse to purchase that one. Just felt a duty to warn. Have a great weekend."
No big deal just take the tank you have and get it refilled. They do it at Coeburn Home Center.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
yea, you're right...that's what we do for the fireplaces, but we're so bad for being in the middle of cooking on the grill and running out and rushing to the store, grabbing another one and hurrying back to finish cooking or being out camping somewhere and realizing we don't have enough gas...I guess that's what I was thinking about.
Bookmarks